Friday 30 July 2010

Just a little DIY


I spent a long time looking for the perfect bedside table when i was recently redecorating my master bedroom. It had to be the right size, not too big but not too small. With a drawer but not completely made up of drawers. No one (as usual!) seemed to make what i was looking for. I get an image in my head and that is what i NEED to find! So when all else fails, do it yourself. This cabinet came as a pair, £5 each from a local charity shop. Bargain! I took them home and spent a good two hours sanding them right back (i did have before photos, but someones deleted them by mistake - me!) I then painted them all over with Laura Ashley Charcoal and added the same yellow that had been used in the room. I finished them off with a white gloss stripe (for change of texture) and a glass top for protection. The glass knob is also Laura Ashley (the most expensive part!) 

No comments:

Post a Comment